The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody own one of these? I believe they were made between 1989-1993 in Japan, walnut checkered stock, no forend cap, rounded stock profile and blued hardware. Are they any good? Looking at one in 7mm Rem Mag with muzzle brake. Were muzzle brakes and option from Weatherby for these models? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
They are great rifles. Weatherby has been using the Howa barreled action for a good long time. Can't say about factory muzzle brakes.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it. The muzzle break looks original, but the guy hasn`t answered that question yet. If it is original, I may snag it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
X2 great gun. I got one in .25-06 and it's a shooter. Mine doesn't have a muzzlebrake so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a Burris scope on it as well. Do you know what year they went to not Made in USA? I hope it is a USA Burris.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
octagon said:
It has a Burris scope on it as well. Do you know what year they went to not Made in USA? I hope it is a USA Burris.
I believe around 09 or 2010........

As far as I know, most of the parts are still USA made, then they are assembled in the Philippines........

Either way, the Philippine scopes are still good scopes....

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a series 1 vanguard wearing a synthetic stock in 257 wby. Very accurate and solidly built. Had it cerakoted and trigger work done several years ago. Out of the rifles I own it's the only one I find myself using for deer anymore because I like it so much.

IMO, you can't go wrong with one. Howa barreled actions are stout and well built.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts