The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to be good deal broke here pretty soon.
Found a killer deal on a composite Weatherby SA-08 20g youth model. Just couldn’t pass it up. $419+ $15 to ship it.
I already have a Burris FF3 for it that I basically got for free last year.

This is ultimately going to be my kids (plural) gun, but for now I might just have to kill a bird with it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That is indeed a great deal. I did the same thing with a Tristar Viper a few years back. Bought the youth model as a kid's gun, or something that a friend could borrow if needed, and wound up putting the first blood on it myself. What a pleasure to carry in the woods, and it throws a mean pattern with the Heavyweight 7's.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the Tristar Vipers as well. They get really good reviews.
Lots of guys have been buying up the Weatherby SA459 and loving them. For several hundred dollars less, as far as I can tell, I think this SA08 is essentially the same gun without the fancy stock.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I have been shooting the SA459 for 4 years, love the lil 20. With a Sumtoy choke it does very well with the Federal heviweight in #7 shot. And outstanding with hand loaded TSS. Only problem I found with the gun was the trigger. 1/4" of creep and about a 7 pound pull. Not sure how yours will be. Nice lil gun though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts