The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let me start by thanking everyone who has helped me out with trapping. Ive been getting enough to make me want to do it all the time. Today I was given a new problem by the farmer. Over the past 2 nights her pigeons have been getting slaughtered. Some are chewed up and some just have two little bite marks on thier necks. I put weasel boxes out at the chicken coop and although I haven't caught a weasel around there the attacks stopped. Now I need to get whatever is killing these pigeons. I used inerds out of the pigeon to bait the weasel box i placed by there building today . Anybody have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I used to have a whole mess of different raceing, homing and madina pigeons, ringnecked doves and a couple ducks in a big pen in the back yard...
1 morning I came out to all the doves and pigeons DEAD and Ripped up pretty good..the ducks were at 1 side of the pen quacking their heads off till I left out...

I thought something small like a Weasel....I wanted BLOOD from what ever it was that had gotten in the pen...there was a small hole dug under the 1 side of the pen and it was not all that big...
I got out a big dog kennel and put the ducks in it and kept them in the garage that night, set a 110 inside the pen where that hole was dug and left the ripped up pigeons and doves lay in the pen....the next day, I was surprised at what I had...nice FAT Possum! I reset the trap and left it there for 3 more nights... nothing else...put the ducks back in the pen and nothing else bother them after the possum got removed from the area...
I never thought it could be a possum from the small size of the hole but nothing came back to make a meal out of the ducks!

not always Weasels when something like that happens....did you think of trying a few mink sets? could be 1 of those

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It never even crossed my mind but its in there now Ill put somethings together for tomm. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts