The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Looking at the divot in the frizzen it is an old style T/C lock, don't waste them sparks, load it up!

Eventually it will stop sparkin'

I got mine replaced by T/C before the S & W buyout...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
With spark like that, you won't need much pan powder.:wink2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The frizzen is a older T/C which my dad had a old timer blacksmith harden it for me when i was young. It was soft metal from the start. After this year I would like to with replace it or have a good builder work on it. I’m 51 and got this gun when I was 15. Hunted heavy for years in WV and Pa with it.

I am going to hit the club Sunday and throw me some lead balls! Going to be funny if I can even use open sights anymore 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The frizzen is a older T/C which my dad had a old timer blacksmith harden it for me when i was young. It was soft metal from the start. After this year I would like to with replace it or have a good builder work on it. I’m 51 and got this gun when I was 15. Hunted heavy for years in WV and Pa with it.

I am going to hit the club Sunday and throw me some lead balls! Going to be funny if I can even use open sights anymore 😂😂😂😂
Yeah, open sights and older eyes can be problematic; I replaced my Renegade's with the T/C Fiber Optics, long before the buyout I was able to find the part numbers on the old T/C web sight and found those in a LGS, last ones they had.

Mine was dad's so I came to it late

1 - 9 of 9 Posts