The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We set up on the edge of my grandfathers field. He has been seeing a strutter there almost every morning. We slipped in early and got set up we waited and waited...nothing came out. Around 8:30 we heard a gooble on the other side of the farm we decide to head there since this is the first gooble we heard all morning we were getting desperate. We on are way to this bird walking through a stand of pine trees when a bird goobled what sounded like on top of us! I grabbed my buddy by the shoulder and we got ready. It was so thick we could only see about ten yards max! called an a hen cut me off me an her went at it see would call an I would call over top of her twice as loud.She came stomping in and gave us one heck of a show just a few yards away her head was swaying back and forth as she was puttin never thought a turkey could look ticked off but she looked mad. The big boy couldn't handle anymore and appeared eight yards away and my buddy hammered him. It's my turn next weekend!

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice bird, congrats

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Nice gobbler and a great looking porch . Congratulations !

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I don't know why I was under the assumption that the early season was only for mentored youth...never realized you boys could hunt the early season.
Congrats on a great bird and gettin' em in close.

How old are you guys? I must be getting old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts