The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a good bit of calls last week and today. There is going to be 4 calibers of ammo that will no longer be allowed to be Imported into the states. Only 1 guy told me at a sales department at a gun and ammo factory not to expect seeing bullets for months and there will be stiff stipulations. So if they do not get us 1 way they get us another.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ive got a ton of pistol primers that Im never going to use. I just looked on Gunbroker and almost had a heart attack when I saw what they are going for.

·
Registered
652 Posts
So, i get the rush to stock up, but i can't understand why ammo makers aren't shipping out. Can it really be that they are out of stock themselves? Seems very unlikely to me. Lastly... Are you saying the factories aren't producing ammo because of our government ? How can that be if nothings been passed?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Don't believe half of what you see, and NONE of what you hear. A lot of this is just fear. Even IF that happens, US manufacture will pop up to fill the market. It's happened in everything in the gun market.

The current ammo shortage is because people like us are buying up everything out of fear. This will pass. Prices will still be relatively high after this, but it won't be unavailable.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm not being fantasy-land, it's just .....reality.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I spoke with my LGS today and was told a story about a gent who found a supply of .22lr (10,000+ rounds) and bought it ALL!

This is what's happening right now. People are "panic buying" and drying up supplies.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
It really concerns me that I cannot find any target 22 ammo around right now, not even the higher end stuff I typically shoot in competitions..........that means people are panic buying 22lr that cost 10+ dollars for a box of 50.......that is insane

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
My boys and I would be at the range every weekend right now if it was not for this shortage..i can't see burning ammo now I may not be able to replace for months.

My son is looking for a old truck to call his own being in his 16th year , but i told him if the truck does not run it is just a big heap of metal so be careful what you look for. Same can be said for a gun without ammo, that is the plan.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hunter4095 said:
All ammo is being sold to the feds and law enforcement before it goes to the public.
Not doubting it ....pathetic that a party trillions in debt can corner the ammo market and hard working citzens with cash can't get any.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
wyomingcounty said:
The current ammo shortage is because people like us are buying up everything out of fear. This will pass. Prices will still be relatively high after this, but it won't be unavailable.
Exactly right Wyoming !!!! People need to take a deep breath and let this pass.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
After reading this thread I made a couple phone calls. I order ammo for my department and after reading this thread I made a couple phone calls to my distributers. I was told that the reason for the shortage is due to the ammo manufactures not ramping up production. The manufactures, specifically Winchester and Federal, as of now will not be adding another shift or adding equipment to handle the demad right now. Because they do not know how long it will last so it does not make financial sense to change.

Thats it, no government involvement and no cover ups. Demand is higher than supply and the suppliers are not going to change production.

Like has been said before, just take a breath!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just checked prices at a discount sporting goods store in chambersburg. No discounts to be had. More like rip offs. 9mm was 18 dollars a Box n get this 22lr was 50 bucks a brick. I just bought it the other day for 28. These people must be higher than a kite

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im buying more 9mm and 223 tonight at walmart If they still have it. I refuse to pay prices like that. Exactly why I used to buy almost all of my ammo at Wal-Mart other than specialty guns

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Brycesnwb said:
Im buying more 9mm and 223 tonight at walmart If they still have it. I refuse to pay prices like that. Exactly why I used to buy almost all of my ammo at Wal-Mart other than specialty guns
Ill buy it where ever I can find it at a reasonable price. Having a tough time finding ammo and what I do find is outrageously priced. One LGS I stop at from time to time had Remington 22LR bricks selling for $45 each! No thanks... If walmart or dicks has it cheaper I'd certainly buy it there.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Brycesnwb said:
I've decided that I'm not buying any more ammo for now, unless it is less than 25 cents a round.

I'm not paying more than 250/thousand for anything. I'm tired of it.

I can't even find 9mm fmj bullets in stock.

My guy said his source said, "don't call us, we'll call you". That's very disconcerting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well considering I can buy Winchester white Box 9mm for 25 bucks per 100 rounds. Cant pass that up, especially now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts