The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a cow's knee but yesterday I walked up on a buck at 20 yards. We saw each other at the same time and I pulled the cover off to shoot and he was a bouncing tail by the time I got the gun up. I want to find something that works that I can see the sites through. I was thinking maybe wrap the frizzen and pan in saran wrap loose enough that it won't block the sparks from dropping into the pan. What do others do?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Carrying and holding your lock in the crook of your arm works really well think how dry your arm pit is during crappy weather

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
To me thats just part of the game.It happens to all of us.Check out a thread on here about this same subject where a fella has a neat cover that he can shoot while on.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
zip lock sandwich bag. the kind that has the little sliding thing. ain't traditional but its worked for me for years. i don't shoot with it on but it comes off in a sec.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
brewyak said:
Carrying and holding your lock in the crook of your arm works really well think how dry your arm pit is during crappy weather
its worked for me for 30 years. rain or snow. change out the powder often if it needs it and your good to go. once you have carried the gun enough in all weather conditions, it really becomes second nature to you.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Did that 1 late season and walking up and dowm mountains in a whiteout tucked it up under the crook of the arms. Well had the opportunity to harvest a deer later on that day guess what that sweating and keeping the lock under the pit caused the powder to get moist no kaboom tried it shot that deer 20 times and it just stood there. Dont put it under your arm pit.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Small plastic grocery bag with handles. Place the barrel through the handles, pull the bag all the way bach to the hammer/pan. 1 handle of the bag around the stock area and the other up far enough to allow the bag to cover the hammer/pan. When ready to shoot just pull the bag down one side of the gun to expose the hammer/pan and trigger. Play with it a little while, it'll work fine for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I cut a piece of leather and screwed to thru the lock on one side and let it droop over the pan, works great and never had an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts