The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone stayed at the campground here? Did you like it and was it crowded? what did the bathrooms look like?

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
Have not stayed there but have visited on day trips to senica lake wineries. It was busy but not out of hand. Walking the waterfalls was neat as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Samuel. We're thinking seriously about taking the kids there camping this summer and since we got excellent advice about where to go last year i thought i would ask again

·
Registered
463 Posts
My wife, son(6), and i camped there last year. We really liked it. Just like most bathrooms of Pa parks i've been to, it was clean and modern. Felt good to take a hot shower after hiking and playing in the cold falls water. We had a tent right along the lake and had fun fishing too. I've looked online and also talked to people that said the fall season and holidays get booked solid. It really is a great place to hike and camp and dont forget your camera.

·
Registered
669 Posts
There's a campground in the lil town of Montours Falls just a bit down the road from Watkins that usually isn't so busy. They also have trails and a super neat falls you can swim in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts