The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
i dont know the exact number of wells that are contanimated ...but i know the owner of the company who is hauling the fresh water to homes affected.
he told me he is not hauling water to anywhere near that many....more like 20ish.
he also said that they have quit hauling to a lot because wells cleared up. it was just a temp disturbance in water table.

not sure where the lady in the article got her info ?

again, i know that it is not acceptable for any water to be contanimated, just saying for some it is only temp thing.....and some may use exagerated numbers.

i will say one thing weston, i hope they got the comisioners attention and they look a little harder to find the truth, and get proper resolve.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope they got the comisioners attention and they look a little harder to find the truth, and get proper resolve.
Me Too.why are'nt They?

·
Registered
463 Posts
westonhunter said:
Why don't these property owners call the DEP and report their concerns? That is the way to get this documented.
As Buzz has stated, a lot of people say their wells are contaminated when all that has occurred is there was some turbidity or cloudiness while they drilled through the aquifer. No contamination just a minor inconvenience.

Also, I have seen some numbers put forth by some of the major drilling companies that have moved into PA. They are shocked at the poor quality of water well construction here. Also, they are finding results prior to any drilling started of +/- 35% of water wells have methane in them and +/- 45% of water wells do not meet EPA safe drinking water standards. ALL, prior to any drilling.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
don't know. at least one of those comisioners should have the answers and details about those wells. it is a rather important thing in this county right now.
for them to sit there and not respond with details and explanations, in my opinion, is not acceptable.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our other local paper,This ones not in bed with the gas company like the Dailey is, but I am surprised they put something in.

http://www.rocket-courier.com/news/content/residents-claim-number-tainted-wells-property-values-down

"Why don't these property owners call the DEP and report their concerns"
Now thats funny,just goes to show what people don't know whats going on.
1true you always preach on here not to believe everything you read.Maybe you ought to read your last statement and see who its coming from.I say its BS.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
would like to point out that while i want the comisiners to be able to give a detailed, accurate statement about theese wells. i also believe that if it is accurate, it wont be 70 wells or whatever that lady said.

that is probly my biggest beef with whats going on. people can attend a public meeting and say something like that, with no proof or accurate details, and the local paper prints it. thus, you have a lot of people believing there are 70 contanimated wells . all just because they saw it in the paper.

a lot of people see stuff like that and dont realize it did not come from a credible source...they take hear say as fact.

it sells papers and creats a buzz, but so do UFO storeys in the national enquire

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Makes you wonder why that accuate number is not known or is it, in little old Bradford County.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts