The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep your gear in top shape....
Last month I water proofed my insulted boots. I do this every season.
Just thought I would post 'before and after' pictures for others to see how the leather is sealed and revived.
I use *Sno-Seal*
Clean drit & mud before applying. I pre heat boot with hair dryer, then rub in Sno-Seal with rag. Then apply heat with blow dryer to melt Snow-Seal, then rub in and wipe off.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Snow seal is great!! Been using it for a while and it keeps the leather from drying

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sno-seal works great, I've also been using it for years. I put my boots in the oven on about 200 just long enough to get them good and warm. I will also take an old tooth brush and "brush" it into the seam where the leather meets the sole. Never have any problems with wet feet.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I like the sno seal also I either put my boots near the coal stove for a while or use a hairdryer to melt in into all the nooks and cranys

·
Registered
550 Posts
I,ve used Sno-Seal in the past with good results but just recently i was at Cabelas and saw a product called "OBENAUFS" HEAVY DUTY LP.I have to admit i haven,t used it yet but from my investigation on the net,the majority of users say it is much better than Sno-Seal.It looks like a very light grease with a non offensive odor.Neutral odor you might say.It was developed by a Idaho Wildland Firefighter to protect leather against caustic fire retardant chemicals,heat,water and abrasion.It's ingredient is Propolis tree resins used by honeybees to weatherproof and disinfect their hives,resists mildew,mold,and bacteria which attack leather.Warm leather first with a hair dryer and apply.Gore tex approved,repels water longer than other water repellents,repels manure acid,salt,chemicals.Resists cracking and scuffing and restores dried leather naturally.Like i said earlier,it seems like a good product worth a try.Have a SAFE Hunting season,guys&gals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts