The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im dealing with what I think is a air bladder issue on a Hoyt tank, however I cant for the life of me find any info online about this tank, nothing on it says anything about an air bladder, wondering if this is a bladder less tank? It has a valve stem near the top. When I pressed that down water dribbled out. The pump was short cycling, added air to the tank to 2 lbs below the 30lb cut on, now the pump cycles every 20 seconds or so depending on water demand. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If water is coming out the valve stem you have a bad bladder.2 lbs.below cut in is good,But what is your cut off set at? should be around 50. Check fot leaks inside your home.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cut off is 50 psi. Did some more snoping around the web, seems they made tanks with air valves that didnt have bladders, wondering if that Hoyt tank is one of them? What do you think of the cycle time?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Ghost,You are correct about some Hoyt tanks not having a bladder,Your tank is pretty old,from the seventies? Your cycle time is about right. Take a look at your pressure gage.See if it holds at 50 lbs. when no water is being use. If you see it drop you have a leak somewhere

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hunter!
Holds steady at 50lbs. I was kinda shocked when I had water shooting out of the valve. I'll keep an eye on it the next week or 2, if it starts short cycling again, I'll replace the tank.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my girlfriends house, and since I cant find a pump anywhere topside, I'm going with submersible.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do Hunter, thanks again!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Your welcome. One last thing, I replace my pressure switch at camp 2 years ago.When i open camp last May i had the same issue you have. What! new pressure tank,new pressure switch! I took off the pressure switch removed 1/4 inch pipe that screws underneath,Had a bunch of junk inside the pipe,Which made my switch turn on and off like a typewriter!Clean out the rust and junk, Perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts