The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe with all the different forcasts, we can help each other out for the next couple days by keep track of water levels in our areas. As of early this evening, Just about of the streams within 15 miles or so of Altoona were well within fishable limits. A couple were a little high, but all were running pretty clear. I guess we'll see what tonight and tomorrow brings.....

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Spring creek looked good this evening. I checked it out after work.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
The desert here in Kuwait is still sandy, with levels expected to maintain roughly the same over the next 48 hours! HUMBUG!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey any of you guys around westover? Was wondering how chest creek was. 2 weeks ago I was at the dhalo area and it was alittle up, but had nice color and was fishing good

·
Registered
127 Posts
trouttime, I live in Westover. Chest Creek is about 10' back and a 30' drop out my back door. It came up a little with the rain and got a little cloudy, but still looks ok. If we don't get any rain between now and 8 am Saturday, it should be looking pretty good. If you don't mind me asking, where do you fish on Chest Creek for the opener. I'll be at the big hole behind my house just down stream of K&J's bridge. May move around a bit, but will be there first thing.

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
Yesterday these streams NW PA down to SW PA were at bank full and are probably worse today.

Slippery Rock creek = not fishable
Connoquenessing = not fishable
Little Connie = should fish OK tomorrow at some point
Thorn Creek = not fishable
Pine Creek = not fishable
Deer Creek = not fishable, will fish OK in the afternoon

The lakes will fish best tomorrow for the kids. If you go in the morning use extreme caution, the streams are really rolling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Chest Creek has come up some more, enough that most places you will not be able to cross. It is still not real dirty, but we have been getting scattered showers so that may change. It is not looking good, but it is not horrible yet either. I may end up going to some small native streams I know of depending on what the water looks like in the a.m.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Most of the streams are in descent shape up here in northern potter. They are a little unfishable the farther downstream toward the NY border you get but being at the head waters has it's advantages

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone around Brookville area in response to Northfork/Redbank Creek? Was thinking about heading up near my camp in the morning, but wasn't sure.

·
20,126 Posts
ScottSewickley said:
Anyone around Brookville area in response to Northfork/Redbank Creek? Was thinking about heading up near my camp in the morning, but wasn't sure.
Toast. They're going to be very high.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
GobbleBuck said:
The desert here in Kuwait is still sandy, with levels expected to maintain roughly the same over the next 48 hours! HUMBUG!!!
Are you sayint that I should cross Kuwait off of my list of trout fishing destinations?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Forget all of butler, beaver.venango, some waters in beaver are on road ways and up in farmers fields, will not be fishable at all tomarrow

1 - 20 of 28 Posts