The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunted a couple of old bedrock swimming holes in locale of old mining operations. I was and still am almost certain these holes have been used by miners in the late 1800s/ early 1900s. Came up with a lot of modern coins, and someone's iphone 6 (still drying in a bag of rice). Hoping to get out for some more creek hunting this July.

I am still stressed out about a coin ping through some bedrock. I found the crack that it slid under, and after washing out some silt, there is a small hand-sized cavern back under the bedrock. The coin is about 4 inches around a corner that I can't reach. I was afraid I would get my hand stuck if I really went for it, so I left the target behind. I think I will return with some sort of reacher or brush to see if I can pull it out. Could be a 2000s dime or could be a silver dollar. The curiosity is killing me on that one. I'll have to get some photos of this situation.

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Don't stick your hand in that hole, sounds like a monkey or raccoon trap.

Reactions: DIYASUB and bohunr

·
Administrator
28,218 Posts
Andrew C. it sounds like you need to make a Slurp Gun. You can make them as complicated or as simple as you wish, but basically all it would be is a tube with a plunger that you can draw back quickly to create suction.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Sounds like a neat way to beat the heat.

According to a lot of techies, an I phone 6 is a relic as well.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
may try some type of magnet or some type of pick up stick that you see advertised on tv that has a grip claw devise on one end, hope this works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts