The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that the water truck industry is slowing down from what I see. The company that I work for has slowed down around here considerably. They have trucks now in Ohio and West Virginia, but slow as molassas around here. Wait till they get these pump stations up and running piping water where it needs to go. I might be looking for another job. It's getting alittle scary now.thanks for reading

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
From what I hear, it's going to be slow til 2014. That is when export should kick off and drive the price up a couple dollars, and is a sustained market....unlike Winter spikes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
buzz said:
From what I hear, it's going to be slow til 2014. That is when export should kick off and drive the price up a couple dollars, and is a sustained market....unlike Winter spikes.
So that's when energy independence starts for America...errr...I mean China...

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with exporting natural gas . We import oil????
If we export NG now, it will bring money into this country, this NG business. This money will help build infrastructer, pipelines, wells ..etc.....things to help this Country get switched over to useing our own energy.
As it stands now, their is no money to help with this.The Gov't is broke, NG prices in this Country are to low to supply enough money to build growth, funded by NG Companys.
There is nothing wrong with taking foriegn money for our NG as we use it to build our infrastructer..........after all.....we import their oil every day.

·
Registered
369 Posts
“We are presently owned by a group of investors who don't think gas prices will ever go above $4 (per MCF),” Mr. McClendon was quoted as saying in a March 12 story. “I want to be owned by investors who live in a part of the world that believes gas prices will never go below $10.”

·
Registered
164 Posts
buzz said:
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with exporting natural gas . We import oil????
If we export NG now, it will bring money into this country, this NG business. This money will help build infrastructer, pipelines, wells ..etc.....things to help this Country get switched over to useing our own energy.
As it stands now, their is no money to help with this.The Gov't is broke, NG prices in this Country are to low to supply enough money to build growth, funded by NG Companys.
There is nothing wrong with taking foriegn money for our NG as we use it to build our infrastructer..........after all.....we import their oil every day.
Yeah, I understand and appreciate what you are saying. My dad and I argue about this all the time. My problem with it is that the infrastructure that will be built is infrastructure to pipe it out of here, which will drive the price up for Americans, meanwhile, our own infrastructure in converting power plants and vehicles to natural gas are still on hold? I don't get what the hurry is to sell natural gas to our greatest global competitor, China. I think the current balance is great right now. We have jobs, drilling, hauling, support, gas is affordable and the industry is being safe. I'm very nationalistic on this subject. This is our resource and we should exploit it AT HOME first. It's not happenening and I can't understand why...oh wait, I can...it's not about energy independence at all or America, it's about global profits for global energy giants at the expense of the American people. That's my 2 cents on that one...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
LDD hit the nail on the head.... Energy independence is what they sell he sheep. This country should be in overdrive in conversion to NG as a key fuel source. But remember your govt is owned by lobby groups and big industry, so their profits come before the countries needs..... Safe gas extraction, conversion to NG and other sustainable energy sources will give us more "energy independence" until then prep our children to fight some more Mid East wars to secure the corporate oil.....

·
Registered
707 Posts
When the NG is exported it takes less infra structure. Take the NG from point A to B(via pipelines) then put onto ships and send it. Quicker return on their $'s. Now if NG was $10.00 then we would see less export and more domestic use. Return on investment rules.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
True.....the Gas companys arn't drilling for gas as a hobby....they need to make money........and all those stock holders expect them to make money......just like anyone who has money in mutual fund, or other stocks....expects to make money.

Preaching energy independance is a feel good thing to say......and I believe we all want it....BUT reality is the companys doing the work need to make money to stay in business.....just like the company's many of you work for. If they don't make money....they go out of business. If that happens...they are no good to you, as they can't provide you a job.
Same can be said about gas companys....if they dont make money, they quit drilling....and we never obtain energy independance.

Can't have it both ways.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
So in theroy the govt should take all natural gas reserves and drill with govt owned rigs etc.... they wouldn"t have stock holders to answer too, a profit to make , etc. They would only have to make enough to sustain their costs...right? So USA gas should be the only company drilling here. No lobbists, no buying of govt officials, no worry about cutting corners to save money......sounds good. Right? That would be TRUE energy independence.... No wars to fight over oil, save money sending to foreign govts, no oil lobby to buy off the govt, etc......WOW!!!! (Enter commie comments.......................now!)

·
Registered
463 Posts
If government did all the drilling, the technology to drill and produce the Marcellus shale would not have been discovered. We would still be drilling with cable tool rigs! I know, I have worked for the government.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
OneLongShot said:
(Enter commie comments.......................now!)
Lol......Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts