The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local game lands this morn with a few buddys around 8. As we were pulling into the parkin lot a few guys were in the field beside it. A rooster flew up and boom they shot the side of my trk. I got out said a few choice words and then left. Cuz i was so mad didnt knw wat would have happened if i stayed. Chances r i would have left there in cuffs. Such morons.

·
Registered
94 Posts
same thing happened to me on youth day. someone kicked 3 roosters up about 150 yards away. I was standing about 50-60 yards from a boy and his father when they noticed the birds flying towards us in between us. the boy waited until a bird crossed right between us spraying me with pellets. luckily I thought to look away when I saw him pointing my way or I might have lost an eye.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt!! When I do hunt the GL and if I pull up and there are trucks already there, I continue down the road, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Varmint - were you on SGL 169? Seems it gets overrun with people on Saturdays. Definitely not good to be shooting towards vehicles.

We had a youth shoot not at us but in our general direction as we left the parking lot to start our youth hunt on Oct. 12th. If there's any question, hunters should just let it go....the PGC is putting out a ton of birds, go find another one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea it was at sgl 169. If i would have called the warden they prob wouldnt have done much about it cuz in the past ive noticed they anit real speedy when u call apon them.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I dunno about that, I'm at SGL 169 a decent amount and I always see the Game Commission there....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But my point is when u call em at there main office takes forever to respond back to ya. I knw there there at the sgl all the time. But i dnt have a radio to call em personally or cell number.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I dont; think i would have acted as calmly as you if someone would have peppered my truck and i definitely would not have just let it slide. If someone believes taking that bird is more important than gun safety, a lesson is needed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said i was afraid i would have left in cuffs if i did wat i thought about doin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts