The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 envelopes from basspro when I bought my license. I asked for a 3rd, and got it no problem. 3 weeks later I bought my DMAP tag online. It arrived last week along with another digest and 2 more envelopes! Who do I call? I don't need another digest or other envelopes.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Save the envelopes for next year. The extra digest can be put in a zip-lock bag and left in one of your treestand's. That way who ever is sitting in it when you are not there has something to read.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
he extra digest can be put in a zip-lock bag and left in one of your treestand's. That way who ever is sitting in it when you are not there has something to read.
Is it legal to possess last year's digest when in the field? Sorry, couldn't pass up the low-hanging fruit.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
WOL said:
he extra digest can be put in a zip-lock bag and left in one of your treestand's. That way who ever is sitting in it when you are not there has something to read.
Is it legal to possess last year's digest when in the field? Sorry, couldn't pass up the low-hanging fruit.

I think he has the current digest.

Good point though. Rumor has it the commission is aware of the abuse, and will be making some changes.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony300wby said:
Save the envelopes for next year. The extra digest can be put in a zip-lock bag and left in one of your treestand's. That way who ever is sitting in it when you are not there has something to read.

Good luck, Tony
We are exchanging some hardware on our 30 stands this year to render them useless without a device we are keeping in our hunting packs. Device will be installed prior to each hunt and also removed after the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
You'd think with the cost put into those holy pink envelopes, we could instead spend that on multiple tag colors to rotate from year to year, a solid and modern antlerless license sale/allocation system, and join the 21st Century.....

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Tony300wby said:
WOL said:

I think he has the current digest.

Good point though. Rumor has it the commission is aware of the abuse, and will be making some changes.

Good luck, Tony
Hey! How do they know I'm not just going to use last year's digest as a field-expedient toilet paper dispenser!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
There could be guys that shoot bucks the day before the opener. The judges will throw the cases out because the guys will say it was an honest mistake. They were using last year's digest.

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
No they won't, but holy cripes is our antlerless application system convoluted and antiquated. We mail in an application form and payment using a specially made envelope that is designed to enable a county treasurer to be more efficient at processing the paper forms.

Then the county treasurer from any of roughly 60 counties processes applicants for a smaller number of WMU's that have no basis on counties for their makeup. Then they print on a secure printer to specialty thermal printer paper the tag generated by an online license sale system. They put it in the specially made envelope meant to speed processing of paper forms and mail it back.

This was a great system..... 30 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
TDD....something I never thought about..the comete inefficiencey..

We have PAlS....Pennsylvania AUTOMATED License System...

Pretty sure every government entity is hurting financially...

Penndot took a step to save a few bucks by not printing registration plate stickers anymore...

Small things add up to a LOT of money in the scheme of things...

How many pink envelopes are printed each year?? I betcha the number is double or more thsn the number of applications filled BY they use of the envelopes...OTC sales don't count..

Most licensing agents stuff 2 in the digest automatically I've noticed...not enough for some guys...perfect for some...2 too many for a lot of guys..out of my entire hunting group there's only a few that regularly apply for doe tags..

I also like your mention of color coded by years...why all yellow?...guess its a moot point...licenses don't have to be displayed.. So the color really doesn't have an impact that I can think of...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The ski lodges have different color lift tags for each day.

I don't know why you just can't apply for a doe tag through PALS when you buy your license. And, since it's first come first serve, they could issue you the doe tag on the spot until the system says that WMU is out.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
WOL said:
There could be guys that shoot bucks the day before the opener. The judges will throw the cases out because the guys will say it was an honest mistake. They were using last year's digest.
Or, they could say they weren't aware of what they were doing and didn't know their gun was loaded, thinking they had deleted the bullet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.