The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/state_investigates_illegal_killing_of_black_bear_in_wayne_county

State investigates illegal killing of black bear in Wayne County

Published: October 3, 2009

LEHIGH TWP. - The Pennsylvania Game Commission is investigating the illegal killing of a black bear in Gouldsboro.

A 600-plus pound male black bear was found Tuesday morning in a State Game Land 312 parking lot on Route 507, according to the commission.

Investigators believe the bear was killed a day or two prior to being found with a single gun shot to the head.

Anyone with information is asked to call Wildlife Conservation Officer Jim McCarthy at 657-1143

·
Registered
981 Posts
Freytown said:
Investigators believe the bear was killed a day or two prior to being found with a single gun shot to the head.

Anyone with information is asked to call Wildlife Conservation Officer Jim McCarthy at 657-1143
Hope they find the jerk that did this.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It was in a parking lot? Sounds like someone got scared or was doing something they shouldn't have been. Either way what a waste. I hope they find the coward that did this.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Sounds like someone trying to show the fact that they are upset with the game commision. Idiots

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I wonder if the morons thought that they were killing a bear that would be considered a world class bear anywhere.This would have been some hunters trophy of a lifetime.This is the kind of thing that just irritates me to no end.I hope (but not hopeful.) that they find the idiots who did this.You know the kind of person can't sit back and move on HE MUST TELL HIS FRIENDS,and maybe someone will have the morals to do what is right.

My above statement (not hopeful)is not meant to be derogitory towards the PGC in any manner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Loggy said:
What a terrible waste!
Yep...and if the perps are caught and convicted, you can thank the NRA when the firearm used is returned to the perp.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
The PGC will only hear rumors. Nobody will testify in court so there won't be much they can do. The losers that do this kind of thing are heroes to the vermin they run with. Sad that this stuff goes unpunished.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
This is not only a crime it is a crime against every sportsman(or lady)in this commonwealth!!!!!!
Our group bear hunts those swamps in Gouldsboro so this crime hits me hard!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Always a few out there that will ruin it for the rest of us.

·
Registered
212 Posts
that makes me sick to think that would of been one nice trophy to a hunter what a waste i hope they find the person who shot it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts