The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a camp in Warren County? I am currently looking at a Camp for Sale just outside of Youngsville. Any advice? Hows the hunting and fishing?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have hunted all across the state and in my opinion it has some of the best hunting and fishing available. Should you want more info write me a PM.

Kinzua Man

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I hunt warren co my buddies camp is on 6 mile bettween warren and shefield. Always see lot of deer and we have seen lots of bear and takin 2 over the years. Lots of logging property around to hunt on. I have never relly hunted around youngsville but it would not be hard to find some good hunting. we have a lease from the logging company so we mainly hunt around are camp.

·
Registered
28,480 Posts
Ironcity...I live just outside of youngsville. Likely as far as all around eveything goes Musky to Brookies, Bears to bunnies. I really doubt you will find a better county in PA. I am serious, this county has good ______ fishing and good _____ hunting, you fill in the blanks it has it. Great mix of farm/woods in the north, big woods in the south and the Allegheny River trout to musky in the middle dividing it all....not too mention the trout/bass streams.

It was likely PA's best kept secret til I logged on to HPA...

Another nice thing is you get a camp here you got an instant local hunting buddy AND guide
, I'll even bring the first case of iron city as a camp warming gift (yes it is sold up here...
)

PM me where the camp is if you want...I'll get locale specific if i can . I know this area pretty darn good especially around Youngsville , down to the landowners to ask in some spots. We are seeing more leasing now, but even the area gamelands are worth your time.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Thousands of acres to hunt around Youngsville. Lots of game if you take the time to find it.
Fishing is good early in the year in the Brokenstraw and all year long in the river. There are also many smaller streams that are not far. I never cared for Kinzua lake but some folks like it.The camp sounds like it wouldn't be out of the question for you to make day trips to Chataqua(sp?)lake in NY and the steelhead streams in Erie.

An outdoorsman would have to look very hard to find a better area in Pa to have a camp.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rooster - the camp we are looking to buy is on Mead Run Road.....we are going up sunday to meet the owner and take a look at the camp and the area? Any suggestions on what to look for?

·
Registered
28,480 Posts
Was just on Mead Run tonight at the gun club for HTE with the daughter...be there tomorrow from 9-2, maybe I'll drive up to the end and take a look. That road deadends at a lease. My gun club (Brokenstraw Rod and Gun) is on that road.

Look for in the camp or in the area ?

I'll be working up at my land in Pittsfield on Sunday, got alot to do as I have not been there in weeks. But come out to the end of Mead run Go left on Rt 6 towards Warren to get a look at the Brokenstraw and River, Go right and then bear right on to Rt27 at the Kwik fill In Pittsifled to get a look at SGL143 or turn on Davey HillRd to go up to SGL 86....I'll PM you my cell, might have time to give you a quick tour if your interested...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Three or more for sale in the Hearts Content camp area from some with no water or septic to a newer place with auto backup power and more.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just like Rooster said Youngsville is a great area for just about anything you want to hunt or fish. Lots of public land and lots of private land that allows hunting.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
When I first started out deer hunting back in the early 1980s, I read an AD in a hunting magazine looking for hunters to hunt in that area, along with ANF area. They even had contacts on where to stay.

So me & a buddy called and ended up in a campground in West Spring Creek in Warren Co. & we rented a cabin for $75 for the week. We were able to hunt 1200 ac. that the owner had control of. On opening day that year we both shot our 1st bucks & we each seen at least 50 deer. So for the next 8 or 9 years we rented that cabin, which was a 7 1/2 hour drive from Philly. The closest town was Cory in Erie Co. I would say that was one of the best hunting areas That I experienced.

·
Registered
28,480 Posts
I remeber those ads too....at the time I never would of thought I would marry a girl from here, but once I saw where she lived...I was not leaving

My first weekend home with her to meet her family, her Dad took me spring gobbler hunting , something I never did til that day. He called one in but a hen with it caught me moving, then her borthers took me wild trout fishing on that same road ...BTW, the hill/road that all happened on I never hunted again for 15 years... then a small peice of it hit the market in 2006 and I had to own it, talk about full circle. Anyway, I could go on forever.

CONGRATS ICD ON BUYING THE CAMP!!! (he Pm'd me) , looking forward to showing you some spots I can't get to anymore but always loved.

Spring Creek / Corry area is about as nice as you can get.

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I never would of thought I would marry a girl from here, but once I saw where she lived...I was not leaving .
My guess is that you're the lucky one, in that she was willing to keep you around.

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK, not wanting to jump in, but since IRONCIT is all on board with a camp. I too, have been interested in locating a camp in the Warren area....

I have been looking on the local realtor sites, but usually the good ones are for sale by owner

Anyone know of anything ? I am in Warren often and can usually take a look on a short notice.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I lived in Warren county for 10 years. We moved in 2002 and within a year wanted a camp so that we could get back there as often as possible. We finally bought one we found on this site this spring. Borders the ANF and within minutes of the river, several trout streams, and thousand of acres of other public hunting grounds. We get there often and love it more each time.

More camps are for sale each time we go back. There were several in the Tidioute and West Hickory areas(WH is in Forest cnty just to the south of Warren Cnty). I would have gotten phone #s if I'd read this before we left on Wed morning.

If you don't mind a camp crowded together with others, it was pretty easy and cheap to find one. For a little more $ and effort you should be able to find one with a little more space. They seem to be less expensive now than any time since we started looking for ours. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
im heading down this weekend to my camp to mow. i will keep an eye out for camps for sale and will post them on here. if anyone is still looking. peace out hitting the road in a hour .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a house on 4 acres on Chapmandam road in Clarendon,This would make a great hunting camp.Its a 4 bedroom ,with attached garage,and two other buildings 40 by 30 garage and 24 by 50 barn.Great hunting and fishing with allegany forest very close,Chapmandam, Fransworth close also.Just wondering if anyone might be interested.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts