The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2500 lb warn winch on my Polaris Sportsman 700. Last spring, a had a nasty accident where my quad rolled over about 15 times causing severe front end damage. I noticed a chip on the winch right where the motor mounts to the drum. All was fine until now. Been doing alot of plowing like everyone else in this snow and the motor has just about pulled out of the winch. looks like the front bolt pulled out and will not bite back in. I think the rear bolt is still attached. Anyone know if this is repairable or should I be shopping for a new winch?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
check Warn's site for a parts listing for your winch, I've rebuilt a winch before. I don't remember what all parts are available off the top of my head though. I guess it will depend on how much is damaged and whether repairing or replacing will be the best option. They are fairly easy to work on once you get them off the machine.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bird Man. I found the parts listing on Warn's page and figured I needed a new housing. Only costed me $40 instead of $400+ for a new winch. It has since been recieved and repaired. I also replaced my winch cable with a synthetic one while I was at it. Worked out great.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
No problem, glad I could help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts