The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the PGC going to sign up. I see Maine, California and Alaska have warden shows on. Pretty interesting.

·
Registered
19,828 Posts
I like them as well. I think the wardens have been more than fair.

·
Registered
925 Posts
especially good when they have the rafting/boating sequences on. wardens smile a lot? just read article about PGC, and fish & boat com. combining somehow!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I enjoy the programs . The shows that I have seen the wardens are really great interacting with hunters/fishermen. It is amazing how many hunters will road hunt . Lucky for us that doesn't go on here in PA .

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I have made some good friends with Wardens out West where I hunt year after year. They are good people in my experience. I like the deal in some of those states where they process and auction off illegaly harvested game meat.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
clermont said:
When is the PGC going to sign up. I see Maine, California and Alaska have warden shows on. Pretty interesting.
Florida too has one.

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
They don't always have the evidence.I saw one show from Maine where a Warden was really hassling a guy because he thought he shot a deer in a bordering WMU.As it turned out,the guy was able to prove where he shot it.I watched several other episodes from Maine and they also gave me that impression.The guys from Montanna definately seem much more down to earth.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Not much to argue about most of the time. There is a real good episode of the Montana Wardens where two older guys trespass and kill a deer. The landowner witnesses from far away and calls the Warden. He finds the two guys, and they tell a whopper, which he believes, and he lets them go. Then he finds the landowner, the evidence shows they were lying, and he knows he turned them loose. The Warden looks right in the camera and says, " Not only was I duped by two senior citizens, I was duped on Camera" ! It showed a good sense of humor, and since it was on film, he would have no trouble catching up with them later.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Joe the Logger said:
Not much to argue about most of the time. There is a real good episode of the Montana Wardens where two older guys trespass and kill a deer. The landowner witnesses from far away and calls the Warden. He finds the two guys, and they tell a whopper, which he believes, and he lets them go. Then he finds the landowner, the evidence shows they were lying, and he knows he turned them loose. The Warden looks right in the camera and says, " Not only was I duped by two senior citizens, I was duped on Camera" ! It showed a good sense of humor, and since it was on film, he would have no trouble catching up with them later.
That same exact episode was on yesterday on the outdoor channel in the afternoon. That situation was a little fishy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok-ish.....tough gig I reckon. Likely human nature to play to the camera.
I do find some of the banter before and after contact more than a touch disingenuous.
The fella in Maine hiding in the brush with the ruffed grouse decoy out seemed a bit amped to make a collar....that may have been a coffee issue tho.
But the folks shooting the stuffed whatever are pretty dumb....too high a need to kill something and report back to the barbershop.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
dce said:
They don't always have the evidence.I saw one show from Maine where a Warden was really hassling a guy because he thought he shot a deer in a bordering WMU.As it turned out,the guy was able to prove where he shot it.I watched several other episodes from Maine and they also gave me that impression.The guys from Montanna definately seem much more down to earth.
I had a similar reaction to the Maine Warden episodes. The wardens often seem to be playing up to the cameras. Statements made by the wardens should have made their agency administrators cringe. When the show Cops came out there was also a distinct difference from agency to agency. Lots of similar playing up for the camera resulting in poor public images. What the editors see as good TV often leaves bad impressions to the viewers.
I liked the California Warden episodes, they seemed more professional. The Alaskan Wildlife Trooper show is also interesting. You have to cut the Alaskan Troopers some slack because almost everyone they deal with are drunk or drug addicts

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
I have cable dont get the outdoor channel, get Sportsman channel.....is it on anything else like TLC ,History.......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts