The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna post some property for my neighbor. He has already signed the signs but i need to know what i gotta do to make them legal? Do they have to be a certain height, are they allowed to be nailed on a back board and put on a tree? How far apart do they have to be...etc etc?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
As long as you put them up, it's legal. Don't need to be signed.

I like to put them up so that you can still see the last sign you put up.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
there are no "rules" in PA for proper posting. If you want to get the point across, put them every 10yds or so and take a step ladder along. Then you can hang them just out of reach of everyone except the rare Jolly Green (or camo) Giant who might stroll by

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
By the way. Those Yellow rolled paper signs are DEAR !!! 40 Bucks for a small roll of paper.
I had never seen such things, until one of the camp neighbor farmers flagged me down on the road one year right before buck season, tore-off a long strip of posters from the roll, waved 'em out the window of his truck at me and urged me to "git these up".

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Fleroo said:
I like to put them up so that you can still see the last sign you put up.
You must have good eye-sight, as the trespassers never can seem to see em.
A Buddy had a copy of either Sports Afield or Outdoors life a few years back that he showed me an article that was in it about Treapassing..

In the Article, Some Western Universaty spend a good amount of Money on a Study of "No Treaspassing" Signs..

The out come of what they found...

Majority of those Who see those "No Treapassing" Signs, some how READ "HUNT HERE"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts