The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a broke coondog cheap or free. Not partial to the age or breed. Just looking to get back into hunting after a out ten years. I have three kids and dont have enough time to train my own puppy. Thank you in advance. you can text me at 724-301-6236

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, maybe you could ask on squirreldog central, or foothills hunting dogs. There are a lot of coon hunters on there and if they realize its for kids, sometimes they are very generous. Also there is a lot of good reading there,good luck!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Coondawgs.com you can find free dogs.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Watch buying online. It's best to get one from someone you know or a friend knows. To many guys out there selling junk just to make a buck. There is a guy on the ukc site who goes by cashie swamp. Hesitate to deal with him. He took my son for $750 dollars on one of his dead beat dogs. Even had a trial and he backed out on it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Getting a dog online free or pay is very risky. Unless you can go and see the dog hunt then don't take anyones word on the dog. Like squirrel dogs there are way more that are not tree dogs than there are tree dogs. Most of the people on Sq Central are from quite a ways off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys. I did find a dog but not sure hes worth his weight. Ive only had him out once and dont like to judge any dog after one time. So im gonna take him a couple more times but if he doesnt improve im gonna be donating him to someone else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts