The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started bird hunting last year got nothing so i got a dog now i'm hooked, went out duck hunting once shot a duck i was hooked, seems birds are a fun thing for me and i would like to try some grouse hunting but know nothing about it or where i could go and was wondering if anyone would be willing to teach or show me, my pup is a flusher so dont know how that works think he did flush one once though lol

anyone interested or who could help me out would be wonderful thank you.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
SGL in potter county has a few. i found that out walking into my deer spot at 5 in the morning onlY to have 3 or 4 flush right out under my feet and just about give me a heart attack

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You are going to want to get that dog trained not to bust birds before you go grouse hunting with it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got ya wasnt sur how much like pheasant hunting it was or not.... so what happened to all the wild birds in pa seems like they are only really far up noth

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
KatKid,
What kind of a gun dog do you own? Are you a Military Vet, or is your father or mother a Veteran?
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my dog is a little mix breed flusher
and no none of them are

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm heading out for a grouse day early friday morning. If you can make it to Gettysburg, there is room in the truck. PM me for details.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you for the offer wish i didnt work on friday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts