The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats you opinion on the little Walther 22LR? any tips about the pistol and ammo types?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am a Ruger guy myself. I like the MK2, But I was shooting with a guy that had one a couple weeks ago, after the third mag threw the gun it did very good, it was a brand new gun. He was using the cheap ammo from wal-marts. You will not get the range or accuracy of the longer barrel guns, and I would not recommend any 22 as a carry gun. Not that a well-placed 22 would not drop a bad guy. There are just a lot of guns better suited for protection.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply!
yeah i want one for plinking around ive heard you just gotta break em in for them to perform great also lube it before you shoot it! i personally love then Walther firearms nothing like german made LOL... any other tips?

·
Registered
805 Posts
You need too buy what you like. I own several handguns and not just Ruger. If you read enough post you will find someone that will trash it. Over the years I have owned Hand guns by many manufacturers. And if a good name they will perform for years.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My wife has had one for years it is the one with the extended barrel shroud. Never had any problems with it even when new. Great little gun.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife has one as well and our children started out with it. I have always heard they like hotter loads, but we've never had a problem with anything through it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm i looked at a Ruger today seemed very nice! im stuck between Walther and Ruger! HAHA i may have to get both!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was looking at the Ruger SR22...idk still
Walther vs Ruger for me at the moment! im leaning towards Walther right now..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I shoot blazers, federal, winchester, remington, american eagle with no troubles in the Ruger

Having shot both the Ruger and the P22, Ruger is the better gun...plus American made

1 - 12 of 12 Posts