The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Spring the Missus bought me Buck 110 from Wal-Mart. I was getting My Hunting stuff together and checked it out. From where the Blade starts to curve to the point, it is not sharpened. The rest of the Blade seems ok. Going to send it to Buck and try and get a replacement.Don`t know if Buck Knives are giving Wal-Mart a discount on bad Knives or the quality of Buck Knives is going downhill ??

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
One knife really does not give a baseline for the QC of a product. No matter how good a company is they are always going to have a few bad ones slip though the cracks. I would just ship it back to BUCK and I'm sure they will make it right.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
"Don`t know if Buck Knives are giving Wal-Mart a discount on bad Knives"

Ron - Why would Buck do that? It's their name that is on the knife not Wal-Marts. Buck makes a quality product and will stand by them. I have a boatload of Buck's and never had a problem, even bought a few from Wal-Mart. I would also suggest you contact Buck, they will make it good.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 6 Buck Knives and this is the first one I`ve found defective. Sure hope this is a fluke and I am sending it in.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Walmart lowballs all their suppliers, bottom line. That's one of the reasons Ontario no longer supplies them with Old Hickory stuff.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ahh, the Old Hickory butcher knives. Best kitchen cutlery ever made.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Buck stands 100% behind their products. Last year I sent a 10 year hard used Buck Multi-tool back that had a faulty spring on it's scissors for repair. They sent me a new multi-tool....in fact a higher grade model too boot!!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Buck has a made in China line and a made in the USA line.
Hold them side by side and there is little doubt which is which.

·
Registered
388 Posts
as far as I know, Buck has returned to complete USA production.

·
Registered
388 Posts
hmmm interesting.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I just bought a 309 Buck from a local Mom & Pop shop and noticed they had them for two different prices.
I asked what the difference was and the man put one of each on the counter and said see for yourself.
The difference in steel was easily apparent, and the one that I bought had USA stamped on the base of the long blade.

I'm not sure if the other one said China on the blade or just on the box, but it was a Buck 309 made in China.
Could have been old stock I suppose. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i just looked at a Buck 110 folding hunter knife at walmart. Price is $27.97. it is stamped USA. Comes with a nylon sheath. I think I'm gonna pick one up. oh and it is pretty sharp too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts