The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I would like to do a week next summer fishing for walleye and pike and whatever other fish they got in the lake in Canada next summer. I found many different places to go and I just wanted to get some reccommendations from people who have done it before.

I would like to have a boat, gas, and food included and would rather not have to fly in but not totally against it. Hopefully within a 12 hour drive or so. I found a place that looks good on the Pickeral river but since it is so easy to get to I'm sure it is heavily fished.

Let me know where you've been and if it was a good trip.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
In my experience, if you're less than 6 hours from Toronto it'll be crowded. Montreal probablly the same. I can reccomend a nice place with nice cabins, but you take your own food. Clean and cheap, good fishing, 12 hours from mercer county, all good roads.

Cabines dulong.com

·
Registered
233 Posts
we went to red pine wilderness lodge it is about 13hr drive from harrisburg it is under new owners as the one passed that was there when we were there. It is what you are looking for great fishing and u don't have to fly.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Lockhaven Lodge on the French River. On An island it has all you discribed.

Gogama lodge a bit farther North. Fly into outpost Lakes full of fish. Up to 3 different lakes in a week.

1st class people at both. Several trips to each we have made.

Warning: your arms will tire daily and pounds will be gained on the eats.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
X2 on Lockhaven Lodge. Stayed there. Do a Guided Trip one day. The shore Lunch is worth it. You will catch Fish. They have a cook out depending what days your there. Meals and Lodging, Boat, bait and gas. Ask them where the bears are, Pretty exciting.

·
Banned
437 Posts
My son and I would like to do a week next summer fishing for walleye and pike and whatever other fish they got in the lake in Canada next summer. I found many different places to go and I just wanted to get some reccommendations from people who have done it before.

I would like to have a boat, gas, and food included and would rather not have to fly in but not totally against it. Hopefully within a 12 hour drive or so. I found a place that looks good on the Pickeral river but since it is so easy to get to I'm sure it is heavily fished.

Let me know where you've been and if it was a good trip.
Sharkey, ask the same questions at this site : Walleye Message Central - Powered by vBulletin

I have fished in Quebec on most trips and there are many outfitters that offer "a boat, gas, and food included...". Just remember that in most locations you will be fishing in very big water and territory. It takes time to learn these areas and you should tag with an experienced group to shorten the learning curve. Hiring a good guide is worth every penny also.

I have always brought my own food, then you don't have to meet dinner times. You can PM me for more specific details on where I have been . Good luck, back country Canada is a paradise. :wink2:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm bringing this back because I am now getting really close to booking a trip for next June. I would appreciate any other outfitters that anyone can suggest.

I want one that has an American plan and I don't want to do a fly in. I want to target Pike, Walleye, and possibly Lake Trout.

I have a few to pick from right now but none of them have all I want.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm bringing this back because I am now getting really close to booking a trip for next June. I would appreciate any other outfitters that anyone can suggest.

I want one that has an American plan and I don't want to do a fly in. I want to target Pike, Walleye, and possibly Lake Trout.

I have a few to pick from right now but none of them have all I want.

Thanks in advance.
IMO, fly-in will give you the best fishing success. But if you want all 3 species, I'd go with any of the outfitters on Lake Kipawa, Sasseganaga (Bush Country Camps), or Ogascanan. Most offer American plan, have decent fishing, and the lodges on the Northern end of Lake Kipawa have smallmouth bass also. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts