The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever camp up there, recommendations? thinking of doing a camping/fishing trip in the beginning of June.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
303 Posts
there is a campground next to the public swimming area on rt.6.I think is called wilsonville and owned by ppl.you may get more information from camping pa. com

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
On Wallenpaupack I would recommend Ledgedale or Ironwood Point, both PPL campgrounds almost right on the lake.
Another idea, camp at Promised Land State Park. There you have 2 lakes to fish and you're only 10 minutes from Wallenpaupack down 390 for big lake fishing.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an email in at Ironwood, strange havent gotten a reply yet and that was sent yesterday.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got ahold of Ironwood, made reservations.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHEDMAN25 said:
Ironwwod has great lakefront tent sites.
According to the person I made the reservations with, we have the "best" lake front tent site.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I grew up out that way. Used to fish the 'Pack a lot and also fished PASA for a few years, many touraments on that lake. It gets very busy in the summer. Went there one time in the last 10 years. Just too busy for my tastes.

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
Another idea, camp at Promised Land State Park. There you have 2 lakes to fish and you're only 10 minutes from Wallenpaupack down 390 for big lake fishing.
This......

If you are looking for peace and quite, the pack is not the place. BTW if you have a small boat, plan on being off the water by 10am

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You're still OK during the week, until school lets out and the vacations start. If the Lake is busy, concentrate on the no-wake river above the Ledgedale bridge, especially up near the headwaters.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hi Samuel, we're at Al's Acres, about 1 mile above the Ledgedale Bridge. My family has been there since 1952.
I love fishing the headwaters at the forks and up into the East Branch in the spring when the water is at its peak.

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
I am on the Wayne county side

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Wallenpaupack camping? Results Pics

We had a great time at the lake (minus a few butt heads who dont know the defention of common courtesy) Deb outfished me the whole weekend!! Landed a 23" walleye and then hammered a 31", 15lb flathead that put up a whale of a fight!

·
Registered
995 Posts

Glad to see you all had a great time and caught some nice fish too. No flats in the pack but plenty of big channel's like that one [Forked tail]. Did she get it on worms i see a container they are one of the best baits to use there.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Crank bait, huh, for the life of me I thought that was a flathead.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts