The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have use Motorola radios for years and now it is time to get a new set. I read some reviews on Cabela's website and the reviews are generally bad for the 25 mile motorola radios. What are the best radios out there on the market?

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I have the newer Morotola's and I hate them - they beep and make all sorts of weird noises while talking - to many features. Wish I still had my old Moto's that were yellow and had one button ...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive always used Midlands atleast for the last 5 yrs and love them.. They work well for the 5 miles ones. Very good, reliable radio for the money.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Our family uses Motorolas for years and years.
Any brand can state range 5-15-25 miles, but put a mountain, hollow or some small hills...between...well any 2-way will not work.
Overall...we like 'em and would purchase another Motorola.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I have 3 Midlands now and cannot get them to talk to each other. To many features, too complicated for "just" communication. When they worked, they worked well, but, this year, I'll use my old, "featureless" Motorolas.

WHY do these companies think we NEED all this crap? Why can't they produce workable, simple to use radios?

It seems to me that there are engineers out there that in order to justify their jobs, seek only to make things more complicated than needed.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Dutch thanks for the heads up with the beeping - I got it to stop, my grandpa will be happy but hes still going to cry about all the buttons! I searched eBay for the old school Moto's and couldn't find a one!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Motorola Talk-about 250. I have been using them for years. Everyone in our camp uses them and any new guys go on Ebay and buy them. I would not even consider anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts