The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying Walker's Game Ear or one of the competitors. I want ear protection that also lets me hear. I want to get a set so I don't lose directional hearing. There are lots of choices out there but no reviews. Anyone use Primos Boost, Pro Ears, Wildear, ESP, Ear Inc. or Sport Ear? I'd love to hear what someone actually experienced rather than what a saleman is pitching me.

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
I would go with the Walkers, I wore mine for 10 years until I got hearing aids. I wore two of them also and could tell directions. Also they have a great customer service. I was having troubles with the one I had but it was like 8 yrs later, and they replaced it with a new one at no charge.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've used the walkers for several years and they work well for me. The first couple years I wore only one and an ear plug, 2 is better. They can get annoying in wind, I'll just turn them down, or on a very windy day take them out.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
3 Jaegers said:
No but I've worn those style of ear pro before and they wear on you after a few hours..
. Second that. I will add that every deer I heard but didn't see I struggled with direction. Looked the wrong way far to often. During archery that can be and issue.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have bilateral defective hearing and I use Pro Ears Predator Gold Outstanding product love mine still after 7 years

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've used Walkers with success as well, especially for hunting with a revolver. The only gripe I had was that it picked up that on/off tone buzzing interference from your mobile phone when it pings the tower. I haven't used them for a couple of years since I got my Iphone so I don't know if the Iphone does the same thing with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts