The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i set up an area for beaver today. i know they were there before ice up and i snared one there a few weeks ago during that warm up but there just wasn't alot of sign. so i put in a few snares and a 330 in a channel then decided to go walk about up stream, and see if i could find more. i found beaver sign off and on for a mile but no huts or "permanent" homes so i decided i would set the one foot hold (old #3 jump) on a drown rig and toss a snare in a narrow spot. well before i could find exactly where i wanted to set i stepped onto a "rock ledge" that was actually waist deep mud. went right in up to my chest! i was lucky it was not wide there and a little kicking and cussing got me to the other bank. so now i'm a mile from the truck with 2 hip boots full and haven't set any sets up there yet! i found a couple good spots (as i was tossing out my drown bag i spooked a beaver from under the bank) and got set and started the hike back to the truck. i have done the polar bear plunge and fallen through the ice cat hunting but i'm not sure i was ever as cold as i was walking back to the truck. i better have one of them buggars in the morning! he will go right in the crock pot!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
SO you want to be a trapper huh? LOL Hope your effort pays off.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Guess I was hoping for another kind of story when I saw the title Walk of shame- but come to think of it that is about a perfect title- done the walk of shame a few times myself...

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that walk was a lot better today. Had a nice flat tail at the bottom of the drowner. i love that old #3 jump trap. that is the first one i "trapped" this year. the others were in snares.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts