The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys and Gals:
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to pick up my hunting license (late as usual) and after it was processed the guy hands me my license, Hunting and Trapping book and one pink antlerless permit envelope. I asked him for three more, he hands me one more and says that two is the limit. Really???
How can they give you only two envelopes when there are at least three rounds of applications?....Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I bought my license Saturday morning at walmart in Erie because it was to early for the stores I usually buy it from to be open. They had no pink envelopes, so I had to drive to another store and wait for them to open to get the envelope. You would think they would anticipate the number of people applying and prepare for it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
springfreak said:
I bought my license Saturday morning at walmart in Erie because it was to early for the stores I usually buy it from to be open. They had no pink envelopes, so I had to drive to another store and wait for them to open to get the envelope. You would think they would anticipate the number of people applying and prepare for it.
Yes, from what I am now hearing, it seems to be a Wal-Mart issue.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Got 12 from Dicks for 3 different licenses. I would have never taken that many, but the clueless 18 year old behind the counter just tossed them in my bag and I did not realize it till I got home. This was after the first dicks didn't have printer paper so I drove a 1/2 hour the opposite way to get tags!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
pabowhuntsman said:
Hello Guys and Gals:
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to pick up my hunting license (late as usual) and after it was processed the guy hands me my license, Hunting and Trapping book and one pink antlerless permit envelope. I asked him for three more, he hands me one more and says that two is the limit. Really???
How can they give you only two envelopes when there are at least three rounds of applications?....Has anyone else experienced this?
There's still plenty of time to walk into any issuing agent and ask them for a pink envelope (or a couple) before the next round of licenses start.

·
Registered
20,255 Posts
Be glad they didn't give you a " Ban Guns" bumper sticker and a application to PETA

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
RugerNiner said:
I always shop at my local family owned sporting goods store, they give me two books and 4 envelopes.
Same here except it's a local, family-owned hardware store. I always get two books, one for home and one that stays on the coffee table at camp for the license year. They give me as many pink envelopes as I ask for.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
hey springfreak, what time were you at that walmart? I may have been behind you in line! My wife and I were up to fish Presque Isle. There were two guys in front of me getting hunting licenses who seemed none too happy that the store was out of envelopes lol!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hmm... that would have been at least CLOSE to the right time, but I can't remember the outfit the two guys were wearing. I was purchasing Erie permits. I don't remember suspenders though, so probably you were there before me I am guessing. I do remember the first guy asking if he could get the envelopes at another store and not hiding the fact that he wasn't happy with the shortage! I also remember the clerk saying "I haven't had time to make up a sign yet this morning but we are out of them." and thinking oh boy, someone is gonna be MAD!!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If you wait till the last minute, and by the way shop at Wal-Mart to get something you really need, then you set your self up for failure. If you went early, and they ran out or low you could make plans to get some. However, Wal-Mart should be your last choice, that late in the game knowing they were due the following Monday...

Just saying. And as a side note, it is not just them that are only giving out 2 per. They ration them so, everyone can at least get what they "need" as to avoid what happened to you. Sorry to break it to ya, but it was avoidable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts