The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Trapper id? What is this?
It's Pa. Game Commission issued number that allows you to use this number instead of your name and address on your name tags. When using the trapper's ID number only Game Commission personal can access your name and address. If an average citizen comes across one of your sets the only identifying mark they will see the the number on the trap tag. The number is good for life. You only need notify the Game Commission of your new address if you move. You can get the proper form to get an ID number by calling your regional office of the Game Commission.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
PGC-686
Application for Trapper
Identification Number

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you go into your regional office they will give it to you on the spot. Does everyone prefer these? I got one, but decided not to use it on my tags. I'd rather someone come directly to me if they have a problem.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd rather not have the irate pet owner who wasn't supposed to be on the property in the first place to show up at my house in the heat of their anger about their pet getting caught in a trap; or the guy who thinks he owns the woods and wants to start a fight because I messed up his deer hunting; or the crazy animal rights nut that somehow finds a trap of mine to know where to start sending hate mail or even showing up to get in an argument. All sorts of good reasons to have the number. All problems get filtered through my WCO and not me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
And chances are that as long as all is kosher at your set, you will not even be contacted by the WCO, he will handle it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts