26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to the polls today?
Who already mailed in their ballot?
Who isn't voting in the Primaries?

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
Neighbor called me early this morning all excited & said Bill Weld was still on ballot despite cancelling his GOP Presidential campaign activity. Made the Mrs & my trip to the polls worthwhile!! Didn't expect it.....but quite a few folks there!!

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Just got back to the shop from Voting. Painless and no crowd here in Lower Paxton Twp.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Funny you should ask. Elaine and I rode past our polling place to see if would be open when it comes time for us to vote in the November election. We decided we're changing our affilliaton from Independant, to Republican, just for voting in the primaries next time.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
I voted in person today, neither I nor the poll workers had masks on. They did provide sanitizer, and the pen we used to fill our the ballots were ours to keep, they were not allowed to take them back.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Voted yesterday... sign on door said masks were requested...so I wore one...not many people...no vote for my guy people standing outside... hardly seemed like a voting day.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Interesting topic.
I voted with an Absentee Ballot yesterday.

Going to be out of state starting in July thru December of this year. I don't know if I will be able to get an Absentee Ballot for the general election in November or need to fly back to PA to vote.

If I have to fly back - so be it. BUT I would rather vote by an Absentee Ballot and save the time and money.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Jim, go online and get an absentee ballot. Last month I did it for my parents, setting them up for recurring absentee ballots.

Now here is a question on the recurring ballots, if the ballots arent returned for two years to be counted, are those voters taken off the voting rolls like anyone would be if they didnt vote in person for two years?

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Jim, go online and get an absentee ballot. Last month I did it for my parents, setting them up for recurring absentee ballots.

Now here is a question on the recurring ballots, if the ballots arent returned for two years to be counted, are those voters taken off the voting rolls like anyone would be if they didnt vote in person for two years?
They are supposed to be. Even with voting in each election, I had to send in an absentee request each two years.

Disclaimer: That was while in VA. I was still a PA resident during my first stint overseas and don't recall having to send that request after the first one.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I forgot about it and played golf. Maybe because in my district there were no races on the Republican side. I didn't feel the need to inflate their egos by voting, and I don't think Trump was worried about it. I'll be there in November, no worries.
And oh, in case you wonder, I shot an 89 at Mountain Laurel, so it was a great day for me!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Neighbor called me early this morning all excited & said Bill Weld was still on ballot despite cancelling his GOP Presidential campaign activity. Made the Mrs & my trip to the polls worthwhile!! Didn't expect it.....but quite a few folks there!!

OK So Who is Bill Weld and what qualifications/past experience does he have ?

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The in-person vs mail-in results were about what I expected. I was surprised to see the low percentage of folks who don't/didn't vote in primary.
Thanks to those who responded to poll. Didn't post it for any other reason than that morning I was curious.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts