The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mail in voting has been extended in 6 counties.

Governor Tom Wolf today signed an executive order extending the deadline for county election offices in Allegheny, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties to receive absentee or mail-in ballots by mail to 5 p.m. June 9, 2020.

seems like these counties have the largest population of Demonrats too. coincidence ? i bet the Demonrats will have people rushing door to door, visiting registered Demonrats and trying to get them to fill out an absentee ballot while they are there. then they can take that ballot and turn it in.....hmmm

now, if the people claim they cant be bothered. i bet those forms get filled out and turned in anyway.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Does it matter in a primary?

Reactions: jimbridger

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
If Wolfie wants to push out counting of absentee/mail-in ballots, it should be done non-parochially. It should be all Counties, or no Counties. Picking the Counties with a high concentration of Democrats smells of out and out cheating, and should be called out as such by our Legislature and the Citizens of Pa.

I have already emailed my Rep. and Senator questioning this Executive Order.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ok, how does this matter much? I wasn't upset but maybe I'm missing the "bigger picture"?

Reactions: jimbridger

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Ok, how does this matter much? I wasn't upset but maybe I'm missing the "bigger picture"?
1. Because if it allowed in a Primary, why not then during a general election?
2. The only Counties on the EO are Dauphin (Harrisburg), Erie, Allegheny (Pittsburgh), Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia (all 3 makeup the Metro Philly area). Allowing only those in a general election allows for ballot harvesting in predominately Democrat locations only.
3. Allowing democrat locations an extra 30some days to be counted.
4. The ballot harvesting will allow the leaders of the more liberal side to harvest towards their chosen picks.

If our election is to be extended 30some days, it should be extended across the board for an even playing field.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
1. Because if it allowed in a Primary, why not then during a general election?
2. The only Counties on the EO are Dauphin (Harrisburg), Erie, Allegheny (Pittsburgh), Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia (all 3 makeup the Metro Philly area). Allowing only those in a general election allows for ballot harvesting in predominately Democrat locations only.
3. Allowing democrat locations an extra 30some days to be counted.
4. The ballot harvesting will allow the leaders of the more liberal side to harvest towards their chosen picks.

If our election is to be extended 30some days, it should be extended across the board for an even playing field.

Gotta think if they harvest towards the liberal side that will play worse in the general election?

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Rules are rules...deadlines are deadlines. Can't we all just stick to the rules? The "bigger picture" is WHY is this being done? Everyone knows the date of the election....that's it. One can't help but think there is some kind of chicanery going on.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I guess it is hard to vote, while you are busy rioting and looting. And it looks like for these people, that voting is less important. Based on all the crooked tactics by democrats, Trump may be cheated out of a win in November. Trump 2020

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Letting an official, who is himself in an elected position, arbitrarily adjust the length of time you can vote, is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I'm a lot more triggered about arbitrarily determining which businesses are open and which are not. I've only got so many triggers and as long as this is a one time deal with so many in person voting facilities shuttered in these areas due to the virus I'll stay triggered about all my friends that are not allowed to run their business.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
over 34,000 absentee ballots have been mailed out here in Erie County. as of noon today only 19,000 have been returned. no need to extend the mail in date, they requested them in time, they can return them in time...if not, to bad.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts