The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Good point Moose on the full auto weapons, I am sure they will be banned in some form or manner, ust havve to wait and see

·
Registered
197 Posts
What we have to pay attention to is semi auto shotguns, pump rifles (760 Remington)they made a 10 round clip for them. They are the ban list. The problem is in my mind is once they get started how far will it go.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Exactly. How will they define an "assault" weapons. All semi's and if affects the shotguns and everything down to your .22 plinker. Could if affect my pocket size 9mm? What about the "tactical" shotguns on the market now? Broad terms and definitions will hurt the average sportsman buy including much more that the AR styles they say they want to target. What about the AR style .22's out there?
Many questions need answered....time will tell but I'm not niave enough to think there are not discussions going on by those who what to totally ban all firearms and they'll cast as broad a net as they can.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
12065259 total votes....97% yes, 2% no & 1% undecided.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
*Moose said:
25-OTT6 said:

Of course it does. The only question is what arms are acceptable under the 2nd. The country decided in 1934 that machine guns aren't covered by the 2nd. The question now is, are military style semi-automatics covered by the 2nd.
That is not entirely true. Full auto weapons ARE legal to own by anyone that passes the background check. While the Class III check is more detailed than the current Handgun background check, there are many legal owners of legal full-auto weapons.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Way too emotionally charged time to have a logical discussion on the topic.
Which is exactly why the topic is being discussed now, and not before the election.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts