The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone own a set of these binos ? im looking to buy a decent set of glass on a budget. im just wondering about image clarity, viewing window, focus, and any positive or negative features. thanks

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Can't specifically comment on the Crossfire- I have the Diamondback in a 10x50 I use exclusively for 3D--excellent binos for under $275.00. I bought them a few years ago for $225 in NY. Great clarity, well built, rugged outer covering. Best of all- they are guaranteed for life regardless of who purchased them. Sent mine back for a repair of a scratch on a lens this past summer- replaced lens, cleaned up entire set, recharged the gas, and had them back in less than 3 weeks. All I paid is shipping. I can't say if they are as good as Swarovski's because I've never had the courage to pick up a pair that starts at $1500+. I do know that Vortex is a quality bino.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I don't particularly remember the model you specify, but I was in your shoes several years ago. I went with the Nikon monarchs. Best budget glass out there in my opinion. I did a lot of comparing and by far I liked them the most.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a pair of 10x42 vipers.I've had them for about 8 years.Great glasses and great company.I dropped mine,damaging the objective lens.They repaired them free of charge,no problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with Vortex. I don't own thier Bino's(I have Redfeild 10-42), but have 2 of their scopes. They are some of the best quality scope for the price that I have owned.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've only viewed a rifle scope , but I was very impressed with the clarity , features and quality . Of course the price is good also . As Doublelung said , Nikon are about the best bang for your dollar as far as quality & price , but I'll be watching to see how well Vortex holds up to use by the average outdoors crowd .

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for the helpful input. these binos seem like a good deal for what ill be paying for them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts