The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so happy.i decided to go behind the house in the creek.the deer have 2 crossing of the hill in the creek.the first one is a small drop off that is snow an ice covered.so i figured i go to the secound one witch is an old logging road.inbetween these 2 crossings is 30-50 shale walls from one crossing to the other is 300-400 yards.these are the only trails coming off the hill for these deer to come raid everyones yards lol.got to a spot i picked out about 3 mounths ago three down trees from when the creek flooded.brushed it all in.this over looks the creek an a smaal patch of woods that the old logging road ends into.pulled up a seat at 4:20 pm an buy 4:30 had a doe down.things is i was bored at home an just decided to go out for the heck of it,in my stinky work clothes an a black sweat shirt lol.ive praticed with this crossbow from october to now almost every day.ive shot it from every angle possible right left up a tree,prone ,sitting,standing you name it ive practiced it.ive praticed with this bow from left handed to right handed an from 5 yards to 55 yards with broad heads an pratice points.i know how this thing shoots everytime.im not going to say how far the shot was because i dont want a debate on that.in other surcomestances i would have never attempted this shot but everything was perfect.deer were at ease an feeding they were on the other side of creek from me an the creek is up an moving fast.(alot of noise)an i had a perfect rest.in the end was a perfect shot deer both lungs an part of hart.at the shot the deer ran straite for me an i thought they were going to run me over.they jumped the down trees i was in.doe stopped 10 yards behind me an started to do the wobble an dropped.this vixen works great,firebolts worked perfect along with the 100 grain muzzy.all i have to say is this excaliber is 100 times better in every way than my old carbon express cx1.i wish i would have bought a excaliber last year when i wanted too but got talked into the cx1.live an learn i guess.sons turn next.wish i had pics but my camera crapped out a year ago an never got around to get another one.also this is my first late season kill also.
thanks
Kawie

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Congrats on the deer!! Any late season deer is a fine trophy.

Not to pick on you, but before next year buy or borrow a camera because WE NEED PICS!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everytime i need a camera i dont have one,i keep saying im going to pick one up but never get around to doing it.lol

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
It didn't happen without pics.

Congrats on the fine late season trophy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts