The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can find a Horton Vision 175 crossbow?

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Used?? I rarely see um for sale. It was tough to buy them new when they finally hit the streets. Horton seems to have caught up to demand as of late, though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
cabela's wv. just shot one this past saturday. interesting little bow. very very quiet compared to parker, excal and 10 pt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got one a few months ago direct from the company. Very quiet and very accurate. Only drawback I can see is that they're a little bit of a pain to set because string comes back at such a steep angle. Other than that, probably the best crossbow on the market for the price.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Ours are $699.00 Very quiet as mentioned. The steep string angle will wear servings faster than most bows out there. They do have provisions for re-stringing, no bow press is needed. It's a good idea to get a spare string so that you have one ready at all times.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
I think Horton is also using custom ViperX strings on the Visions now? This will surely help concerns with string wear.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
They are using the quality strings now and it helps some. Most of the ones I'm seeing, are getting about 75-150 shots on thier servings. (.030 Halo serving)
I'm wondering if anyone has tried Angel Majesty servings on any of these bows?

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
arrowhead said:
Most of the ones I'm seeing, are getting about 75-150 shots on thier servings.
Man, that is not many shots.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
How do you cock them? Use of a cocking string? I bet they are balanced a lot better than traditional xbows!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just bought the Vision package myself for $649.00!! Best crossbow for the money by far!! Anyone want to buy a Tornado?
As far as having to replace the string after 75-100 shots, I have well over 100 shots thru mine and the string is just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts