The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Registered
21,960 Posts
almost 1,500 new cases reported State wide in the last 3 days almost 50 new cases just for Erie County.
I saw 680...511...356 which adds up to 3 days being 1547 but that is still a downward trend?
50 new cases in Erie one week after a holiday has you concerned?
Down my neck of the woods only 50 positive cases in 3 days we'd be throwing a party.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Because the nitwits who live in the City of Erie won't listen ! Where still in the yellow phase. Instead of counties being judge it should be by townships! One bad apple will ruin the whole barrel

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Its not just the raw count trending down or flat, the number of tests is going up.

Its easy to follow on the PA website. On the main page there is a link to see the data in table format. It has data by county and by region. And other metrics.

Example, new positives for the NW Region the last four days - 18, 4, 28, 22. New negatives over same time - 450, 209, 422, 548.

Thats just over 4% positive rate.

You also have to be aware that now that the Covid Crisis has been supplanted by the Riots Crisis, test labs aren't working 24/7 to crank out results. Those folks need sleep too. So you could have a couple days' worth of tests all reported at once.

As testing capacity is still limited in comparison to the size of the population and the virus can be asymptomatic, the number of people needing aggressive hospital care would be a better indicator. Regardless if you test all or none, logic says that if the virus goes up or down, hospitalizations follow suit.

Problem there is, you have a lag so by the time the increase reveals itself, it has already hit the fan.

So while testing by itself is not the perfect indicator, its faster and can alert us where to look harder. The medical people who understand the virus the best probably have a whole array of indicators that help them identify hotspots.

Remember that was the idea weeks ago, monitor for the warning signs and react quickly.

So follow the data for your county and your region as published by the state (as that is the data cited by the gov and health secy) and you'll have a better idea as to how they view you.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I figure it don't matter much if the number of cases rises or not. We must open our economy and try to recover or we won't have much to recover. Same with these riots. We can't let this continue. Hate to see blood shed and senseless loss of life but we need to regain control and stop the destruction of peoples property. We have the means, what we lack is the will.

·
Registered
21,960 Posts
Say it ain't so...From the sounds of these posts it might make one believe the shutdown did have success bringing numbers down?

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
I'm not hearing of an substantial increase in cases in the counties that first went yellow and then green. And I refuse to wear a mask anymore, no freaking government can make me wear a mask. If stores want to require it, I'll find a different place to shop.

More testing = more positive cases. What you want to watch is hospitalizations and deaths.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Say it ain't so...From the sounds of these posts it might make one believe the shutdown did have success bringing numbers down?
No one disputes that a shutdown would obviously bring the infection rate down.

What is disputed is what really needed shut down and for how long.

If certain retail stores could be open with a set of precautions (masks, distancing, occupancy limits) then there is no logical argument (im my opinion) that ALL retail stores could not open under those same protocols.

While in the "red" phase, I was able to purchase my Life Sustaining landscaping blocks. Had I not built that 8-inch wall along the sidewalk to the back, surely someone would have perished on the mulch that falls onto the sidewalk.

Just having those with the capability to work from home doing that, it takes a big chunk of people out of daily circulation.

So yes, actions were needed to flatten that curve. Once that happened and the health care system capacities stabilized, the lockdown has had (in my opinion) a net negative effect on people's health and well being.

It became a political tool. Don't forget that in November.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its past time to re-open everything. people can be responsible for themselves...or not ! when we go green i plan on taking precautions when i go into stores. if others choose not to, thats on them...to bad.
like i keep saying, we are all going to get this, its just a matter of time. hopefully i wont get it until they have a tried and true tested vaccine or some kind of anti viral that will actually help if i need it.
the economy and small businesses are suffering while select groups including politicians get paid.

RE-OPEN THIS STATE NOW !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts