The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 1999 TJ Sahara last year. First personal civilian jeep (drove military including "Mitey Mites" way back in the day). Love this thing but... My Sahara is bright bright white. I want a camo color change. Has anyone here ever used or seen vinyl vehicle wraps on Jeeps? I saw some in Mossy Oak that look good "on line" but... ???

·
Registered
968 Posts
I did my lifted blazer a few years ago with the 3m camo wrap. Looked good was a pain to do the whole truck had about 10 hrs in it. I just did the rockers on my wifes jeep unlimited in pink realtree, that wasn't bad. Much easier to do rockers and accents than to do the whole truck.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Archery ! Thanks for the reply. I can appreciate the time & difficulty involved in wrapping a Blazer. Lots to cover. Post a pic if you can.
How has the vinyl lasted? Any deterioration due to weather, winter road salt & grit, tears/scratches from brush? I only use my Jeep to scout hunting areas, back roads & a little off roads so wear & tear are of interest to me.

Again thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You could also look into plasti dip. Spray it on and peel it off when you get tired of it. They sell all kinds of colors. On another forum a guy wraps his tacoma. It seem s like alot of work to get right and only helps with some of the scratches. Also, I'm not sure how cheap it would be.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It held up well for a couple of years ten faded, but the newer stuff is guaranteed against fade. I hade no problems with it getting scratched or torn up. The only problem was the fading. I will have to check and see if I have any pics of the blazer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts