The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had experience with those siding washes that you spray on and then spray off a minute later?

Is it really that easy?

Are there any tips to washing that black mildew type stain off vinyl siding and aluminum gutters and flashing?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Mix cheap white vinegar 3 to 1 with warm water. 3 parts vinegar. Spray on with garden sprayer, wait 5 minutes then high pressure wash. Keep your nozzle 6 inches or less from surface, your siding will look like new.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I took a bucket and sponge mop with a strong detergent liquid soap , did a little scrubbing and rinsed it off, worked great....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What works best for aluminum gutters? I can get my siding clean, but the gutters still look bad.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
clorox and water...best siding cleaner ever. One part bleach to 5 parts water. Gets rid of everything. I had white siding on my last house that started turning green in the one shaded area. Sprayed the clorox on with a pump sprayer and hosed off. Clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just last week, I used Simple Green and water. Worked very well at taking the mildew off the north side of my house. I used a soft brush with a long handle and a garden hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts