The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Vinnie and Cooke show.He came on today solo sayin this was goin to be his last show and didn,t know what he will do next.He didn,t elaborate but said it was managements descision to let him go.I don,t know if Cooke will continue or not.I would have rather seen Cooke get canned.Listners are not happy.I liked the knucklehead.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He mad the show enjoyable and interesting.Cooke is a jerk and a loudmouth that bad mouthed callers and looks like he,s been dead for 20 years.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Cooke is a bit of a curmudgeon. And, like I said before he has a face for radio. At least he knows something. I hated it when Vinnie would start making a point, and before he got the end of his sentence, he disagreed with himself.

I'm actually more shocked Paul Alexander was let go. He makes the morning show. I'll probably start listening to a different station. I won't listen to the morning show any more.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I think Vinny's knowledge is limited, but he was fine to listen to. Personally, I'm more disappointed about Paul Alexander. Always liked him and he's a Pittsburgh guy. I guess him and gionotti had a rift.

The one article also said that Vinny and Cook really didn't like each other. Not just an on air skit.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made sure I tuned in at 10:00 a.m.to see how it went and if Cooke would say something.Well Cooke wasn,t on their either with no explanation.The whole show must have been canned.I disagree with you thinkin Vinnie didn,t know anything.I think that is his personality and what makes him different.Who wants a bunch of boring hosts that do nothing but quote stats and ask stupid questions to players.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I'm going to miss Vinnie. Vinnie and Cooke was my favorite segment. Always thought Cooke was a jerk to him and wondered if it was for real or not.
He did ramble alot and talk in circles at times, but that was part of his appeal to me. Funny to listen to.
I think they should put Philiponi with Cooke so I don't have to listen from 10-2 at all anymore.

·
4,249 Posts
My wife was listening to the fan yesterday and text me immediately. I like Vinny, that is disappointing.

My favorite is Josh Miller, he is very good on the radio.

Don't get to listen too much up here in DuBois.....unless it is a perfectly clear sunny day and I am on top of a mountain.

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
I wasn't crazy about that show anyway. Vinnie seemed like a buffoon and Cook is miserable.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Id never listen to the morning show because of alexander and I dont like listening to either vinny or cooke. I like the afternoon show.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I listened 10-2 this afternoon and Cooke was still saying the "Vinnie and Cooke" show a couple times. He didn't seem quite as condescending and obnoxious today, but he just doesn't cut it by himself.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I missed the beginning to see if he was gonna say something.I listened for a short time and heard one caller ask if he(meaning Cooke)felt guilty about Vinnie.He just grumbled and chuckled and disconnected the caller without a word.I,ll never turn in to that program again.If he continues his program will die cause nobody else is goin to put up with him and he,ll never have another personality partner like Vinnie either that made it fun to listen to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts