The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using a Garmin 62st this hunting season and it has come in handy in many ways. The one thing I would really like to see is property lines on some of the private land I hunt. I do know about where they are and usually keep a safe distance to be sure but is there something I could add to input the lines on my topo map. I'd prefer free but don't mind spending a few dollars if need be as long as it covers the state or even just Northeastern Pa. Anyone know of something like this.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Pa is well behind the times in this regard. There is a gis map online with property lines, you might be able to download that somehow. I'll pm if I can find link.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Yes that would be my recommendation as well. They use to advertise here, good folks, then they put their ad in the digest which short of 3 pages no one reads...LOL but I still recommend them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I currently use this chip in my GPS it is awesome, well all except the two or three counties in PA where there is not any data available.....there are at least two that I know of in north central pa. I don't think this is any fault of the company but rather the data available to them from the counties in question but I am not sure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. That link was the only source I found as well. That price is to steep for me considering I only hunt 2 smaller parcels that I could use that on. Just cant justify $100 to gain maybe and extra 50 to 100 yards in each direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts