The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody messed with mounting a video camera on their crossbow? I saw the Deer Ridge system, however per their instructions you have to drill through the stock to mount it. Rather not do that. Looking for ideas.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
How about using the Excalibur Rangefinder mount?

It's already got a vibration dampening rubber between the two halves and should work great as long as you have space to mount it to your scope. The mount attaches to your scope via a scope ring and the mount attaches to it. Velcro between your camera and the mount.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea arrow...!! I could even use a bolt thru the mount base to tap into the tripod mount on the bottom of camera. I'm going to look into this as soon as I can afford one.
I have a bullet camera lens that records thru the aux setting on some cameras. I got it near the end of last years late season. It matched my camera and the lens mounted right to the top of the scope. You put the camera in a pocket etc... and then just hit record when your ready, the mini camera is pointed right down the scope. It was a cool set up, but I didn't have time to get it into action for any hunts before my son DROPPED MY CAMERA INTO OUR CREEK...!!!! Now I can't find a reasonable camera that works with the lens. So I'm looking to mount the whole camera like some of the set ups you can buy thru Cabelas etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts