The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Excalibur Exocet 200...i currently shoot the firebolts out of it but want to switch to the Victory's...but for some reason I thought I read somewhere that Victory's could not be shot out of a crossbow with over a 200 pound draw weight. Any information would be great.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
An Exocet 200 is a 200 pound bow.Trust me they are way better than Firebolts or GT's.I tested all 3 for Arrowhead.I gave away the Gt's and Firebolts and kept the Victory's.They shoot to point of aim at 20-30 and 40 yards with a MAP scope.1 and 5/8" at 40 yards.Others moved from the point of aim.They grouped okay but who needs to make a educated (guess) correction when in the field?I tested them out of an Exocet 200 by the way.Firebolts were the worst of the 3 I tested.Others shot my bow with the same results so that eliminates operator error.At 20 yards any of the 3 would be fine.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Trust me LOL BY the time GOLD TIPS LEAGAL DEPARTMENT GETS DONE WITH THERE LAWSUIT WITH victory....youll be eating those words!!!!!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
secret said:
Trust me LOL BY the time GOLD TIPS LEAGAL DEPARTMENT GETS DONE WITH THERE LAWSUIT WITH victory....youll be eating those words!!!!!
Care to enlighten us Secret? Point me to the lawsuit.....surely you didn't just post something without proof. I'm sure Victory and Gold Tip take posts here very seriously. I did a rather extensive search and the only post on the net I could come up with, is yours.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Jbiz said:
I have an Excalibur Exocet 200...i currently shoot the firebolts out of it but want to switch to the Victory's...but for some reason I thought I read somewhere that Victory's could not be shot out of a crossbow with over a 200 pound draw weight. Any information would be great.
You will love the way the Victories shoot in your Excalibur. They are a good balance of speed, weight and energy and will give you many years of service in your Excal.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have been shooting a crossbow non-stop since 1992 and I just shot the tightest group of my life in very low light... I have had my Victory arrows (from Arrow head) about 10 or so days.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I only got 3 when I got my xbow. I am down to 2 thanks to shooting a 2 shot group last night at 20 yards off hands! Tore the fletching right off. I don't see anyhting that would get me to switch to another brand.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Send me the arrows you make and I will give them an honest test with 2 shooters out of an Exocet and an Axiom.Please show me the lawsuit that is pending as well.If they are old style Gt's then I guess the new ones should go back to the way they made them.As I have stated before,I tested Gt's,Victories and Firebolts.The Victories were the best for me.Send me the ones you make and I will test Victory,Gt's and yours.I would also like to know why you are so intent on discrediting Victory arrows.It seems to be your mission in life.They work plain and simple.Read the threads on them.If you or someone you know sells arrows they can buy a banner ad and we will all see it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts