The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently talked with someone from this forum about Victory arrows. I have to apologize, but I've forgotten your name already (it's the family curse) Would you please send me a P.M. with your name,address and phone number?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
645 Posts
That would have been me! PM sent.
Didn't mean to talk yer ear off, you just knew more then ANYONE else I've ever talked with about the arrows and the tornado's abilities.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For everyone that is wondering what is going on here....we have been tinkering with the Victory arrows for a while now. This is the arrow that I have been saying "we have an arrow that shows great promise". Fman has been chosen to do some testing for me. I need to test them in several bows before I release them to everyone. It is my belief that this arrow will replace the G/T Laser II's, pending some more testing.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Cool!! Keep us posted when you get some conclusive results.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
arrowhead said:
For everyone that is wondering what is going on here....we have been tinkering with the Victory arrows for a while now. This is the arrow that I have been saying "we have an arrow that shows great promise". Fman has been chosen to do some testing for me. I need to test them in several bows before I release them to everyone. It is my belief that this arrow will replace the G/T Laser II's, pending some more testing.
Costs per 6? over all weigth with 100 gr BH (no incerts)

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i'm taken they are carbon arrows, so far my 2117 alum arrows with the GT's 110gr brass inserts fly like darts with the 125 ST mag's....i'm waiting to hear bout these tests.............bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some specs.
Outside dia.
Laser II= .336
Victory= .342
Inside Dia.
Laser II= .296
Victory= .298
Wall thickness
Laser II= .020
Victory= .022
Straightness tolerance
Laser II= .005
Victory= .003
The Victory will weight in at 416 grains with Fusion Vanes and the 110 grain brass insert. They are going to be $6.25 each.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
diablo666 said:
Can I test too?I lost a scope cover so I will be calling you guys again lol.
Diablo666,
Since you were the first one who asked....when the flat nocks come in...you are the "chosen one". I still need to do the final testing in the Excaliburs.

Stay tuned for the final results in the Parker!

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Yes, let me know how they are with the Exocet 200. I currently use the old GT2`s and 100 gr. WASP Boss 3 blade heads. Are Victory arrows made in the USA? I know GT`s aren`t now

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
actually gt just moved some of there business back to the states. seems they were getting some complaints about the quality as of lately..

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Some eh. Ya, they couldn`t keep up supposidly and moved to Mexico. They should move it all back and just expand. They couldn`t keep up probably was bs and really meant we want more profits!!

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
arrow head if ya need a buckbuster tester i'll put them to work. the gts ya sold me work pretty darn good so i would be happy to test to see if they are better. to be honest though the bolts ya gave me are pretty darn good, be hard to beat imho but i would be objective.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I'm told the Victory are made in the USA. If you measure the old GT's and compare to the Victory...I think you will find they are almost identical.
The quality of the Victory is really good. I think after the testing is complete, we will be replacing the GT's from our lineup. Yes, they shoot that good. My goal is to have them ready before the end of Feb.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Victory arrows are ready for the Parkers. You will get a more consistent flight and a harder punch downrange. In the tests we were getting more f.p.s. at 30 yards, even though the arrow weighs more and is slower at the barrel. I know that may not seem to make sense.

Here is a little explanation, to help it make sense. All objects drop or fall at exactly the same rate. With the same basic size, the air resistance on each arrow is the same. So, air resistance isn't a factor in this case. Now, here's what happens, air resistance slows the arrow, momentum tries to keep it going, a heavier arrow will have more momentum but the same amount of drag(if arrows are same size, same fletching, etc), so the heavier arrow will slow down less during flight so it will have a slightly flatter trajectory and maintain it's speed farther downrange.
I know that it might seem that the Laser II's are a difficult combination to beat, but I think we've done it. I'm getting better groups with them.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
For a 20 inch arrow, how much heavier are the Victory compared to the GT?

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
arrowhead said:
They are right around 25 grains heavier.
The newer GT`s correct? Do you know what the older GT`s weighed before they lightened them? Was it about 25 grains heavier like the Victories?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts