The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Wicked Ridge Invader and I'm wondering if the string vibration dampers (rubber bumpers mounted in the front) are worthwhile or the limb dampers would be better or both. Thanks

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I use to throw everything I could on my crossbows to quiet them. Now, I don't add anything to them. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it makes much of a difference.
Me too, spent $30 on limb dampeners on my Ravin and couldn't tell the difference.:surprise2:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I shot every brand and model I could before buying. My primary requirement was the same as it always was with a compound, quiet. I settled on a Mission 400. Nothing else was close in my mind. No dampeners etc. required.

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
i like it when they get under your stand and get real tense when they finally get a whiff of you. the best thing to do then is to yell as loud as you can and try not to wet yourself when you see what the deer does next.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like it when they get under your stand and get real tense when they finally get a whiff of you. the best thing to do then is to yell as loud as you can and try not to wet yourself when you see what the deer does next.
I have done that several times at the end of the night, not only do I almost pee my pants but nearly fall out of the stand laughing so hard. Of course I don't see any deer out that spot for years

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I've always put limbsavers on every bow, all types... not because of noise reduction lately, but rather because they seem like an inexpensive option that might promote a little added longevity by reducing vibration-induced wear over time.. habit really.... I have no idea how much it helps, if any.... more peace of mind I guess...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts