The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very fortunate to have a voice in the local media in which I had the opportunity to share my son's story about his first buck kill.

I posted the pic and brief story last week on HPA. Then today my story was published in my bi-weekly sportsman column in the Clarion News.

I hope you enjoy our story...

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
awesome something to be treasured forever.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Great story. Congrats to you and the lil' man. The last paragragh just tops the whole story. Congrats again.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats to you both! I am sure it will be a day you both always remember. A thumbs up to you both and the PA Game Commission! I cant wait for my daughter and I to be able to take advantage of the mentor program.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Great article Ace!! CONGRATS AGIAN TO YOU GUYS!!

When my oldest son was 10 in 2007 it was the first year mentored hunters could harvest a deer. Well as fate would have it he got a 7 point on the first Saturday of rifle, being a proud Dad I submitted my pic to the local Paper and explained to them the regulations in which he got it. Not familar with them , they asked if we could meet with a reporter, the article made th Christmas Eve Edition on the front page of the Community section.

I wish I could of wrote it, as it would of been filled with a bit more emotion, however that keepsake made it all the more special.

GOOD JOB, may you guys live in the glow of that moment forever!

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Great article. I am sure your son will remember that article forever.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the kinds words.

Writing for the Clarion News is a side gig for me that I do for the pure enjoyment of it.

I am very fortunate to have the opportunities I have been presented with in recent years. Informing the local area of "everything hunting" is the effort behind getting to share my sons story like I was able too.

Im still shining from that kill last week. I found myself not caring if I went hunting to fill my tag. Its hard to explain, its almost like my season is fulfilled. When in actuality I think its becuz the stands I have hung were for "us" and not "me". Its time to get serious and get after the big one so the kid doesnt one up me. LOL

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Great seeing the kid's smile again. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts