The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally booked a hunt at the trophy managed area owned by Lily Pond Creek in NC.

The Verona Plantation is owned by the same folks as Lily Pond Creek. It is 5 or 6,000 acres they take 8 guys at a time with an 8-point/14" spread minimum on bucks and unlimited does.

Wasn't cheap.

I'll let you all know in November how it was.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Wytetail,
I've heard good things about Lily Pond.. A friend of mine goes there and harvested a very nice buck 2 years ago. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.....

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather was hot, not a lot of movement. Three guys in camp with me all shot very nice bucks.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were hunting Verona - the guys at Lily Pond did much better on small bucks. Verona has antler restrictions. Food was good, accommodations at Verona a little rough but Lily pond seemed nicer.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Thanks. We wanted to book Verona but couldn't get in the week we were committed to. Good to hear they got good shooting on Lily pond, it'll be fine with me, I'm not that picky.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any other good recommendations for an outfitter/lodge in NC or SC? My brothers and I are looking to do a trip for the first time and would like to here the good and bad from others. Thanks

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
IMO, you can't beat Deerfield Plantation in St. George SC for a southern hunt, in fact I'm leaving tomorrow morning to meet up with Bumblehick to drive down for our annual October hunt there next week.

I've hunted Deerfield almost every year since 1995, the accommodations are great, food is great, staff is great and the hunting can be very good. I've killed 23 bucks including about a half dozen very good ones, 18 does, 3 big hogs and 2 bobcats there over the years. Look up my posts and you'll find numerous posts about my DF hunts with lots of pictures.

It's getting a bit pricey lately but IMO you get what you pay for.

loridr

·
Registered
17,876 Posts
try red bluff lodge too

I took my son on a alligator hunt. he got a 10 foot 267 pounder gator. two guys were there hunting deer. weather was hot so they hunted 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours or so in the PM

3 days they got 8 deer, 2 boar and a coyote. they were still at it when we left. OH...we were there the week of Sept 16th

http://www.redblufflodge.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts