The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Heard some good things about them. A guy I work with had an Autoloader model? and had some problems with it. He called the distributor and they sent the part he needed to replace it himself. So, customer service seems to be good from what I hear.

While you're at it, take a look at CZ-USA if your in the market for an "import" gun. I just picked up, or rather laid away, a CZ Canvasback O/U at Gander Mtn two weeks ago. Blueing is very nice, wood/finish is very nice, break action is smooth, etc... Not a bad "bang" for your bucks!

I'll report later as to its "performance" once I get it hopefully in February.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
No experience with the O/U, but I bought the SX 405 semi that came w/ a slug barrel a couple years ago. No problems here. Shot a couple deer and lots of small game with it.
The manufacturer isn't in business anymore if I understand correctly.
If you're getting a good deal I would go for it, if not I would get one from a company thats still in business.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yes, and yes, very much.

I picked one up at Dick's at a closeout price several years ago just before they stopped selling them new. I wanted a field O/U at an import price but couldn't find one that fit (I was looking at the Kahn at the time but the stock was too short). The Beretta O/U's fit me very well but I couldn't spend the money. The Verona handles and fits me nearly the same as the Beretta at a third of the price.

·
Registered
238 Posts
sgtusmc if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for your 405. also if you ever have a problem with they are now just made by h&r or new england firearms and from what i understand its the exact same gun

·
Registered
398 Posts
Great guns, to bad the importer went out of business! The "Verona" name is back but the guns cost a lot more.The O/U's are still made by FAIR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts